Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fsd1235

Sync Failures

Hi,

My dataset sync seems to be failing. The source dataset is an Excel in OneDrive. I have a Power Automate workflow updating the Excel and that excel is still being updated. But the dataset sync to PowerBI is failing.

I tried to import the dataset again and receive a 400 status code. I checked permissions on my onedrive folder and I as admin have access to parent folder as well as main file. 

Does anyone have any ideas why the dataset sync is failing?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fsd1235 ,

There could be several reasons why the dataset sync is failing. One possible reason is that the Excel file is open or in use by another user or application, which can cause the sync to fail. Another possible reason is that the Excel file has been moved or deleted, or the Power Automate workflow is not updating the file correctly.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if the Excel file is open or in use by another user or application. If so, close the file or wait until it is no longer in use.
  2. Check if the Excel file has been moved or deleted. If so, restore the file or update the dataset connection to point to the new location.
  3. Check if the Power Automate workflow is updating the Excel file correctly. If not, update the workflow or recreate it.
  4. Check if the OneDrive folder and file permissions are set up correctly. Ensure that you have access to the parent folder as well as the main file.
  5. Check if there are any errors or warnings in the Power BI service or Power Automate logs that could indicate the cause of the sync failure.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fsd1235 ,

There could be several reasons why the dataset sync is failing. One possible reason is that the Excel file is open or in use by another user or application, which can cause the sync to fail. Another possible reason is that the Excel file has been moved or deleted, or the Power Automate workflow is not updating the file correctly.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if the Excel file is open or in use by another user or application. If so, close the file or wait until it is no longer in use.
  2. Check if the Excel file has been moved or deleted. If so, restore the file or update the dataset connection to point to the new location.
  3. Check if the Power Automate workflow is updating the Excel file correctly. If not, update the workflow or recreate it.
  4. Check if the OneDrive folder and file permissions are set up correctly. Ensure that you have access to the parent folder as well as the main file.
  5. Check if there are any errors or warnings in the Power BI service or Power Automate logs that could indicate the cause of the sync failure.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors