Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

volleydude
Regular Visitor

Subscription from App in Service no Longer Attaching PDF

I have a Power BI subscription that attaches a PDF of a report from published App.  Starting Feb 10th 2024 the report did not attach the PDF. If I go to the edit the subscription the PDF and PPTX selections are not selectable I get the error shown below.  However, workspace is a PowerBI Premium capacity and I have a PowerBI pro license and am admin of the workspace.  

volleydude_0-1707607050854.png

It appears the the attach as PDF option is available from the report subscription in the workspace, just not the App.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
volleydude
Regular Visitor

Hopped on a call with Microsoft this morning.  Solution was to republish the app.  I'm guessing that some change was made to Service on Feb 9th / 10th as there is a a new option for setting up subscriptions now in both the App and the Workspace.  Before republishing the App this only showed for Workspace Subscriptions

Thanks @GilbertQ for ruling out the easy stuff.

volleydude_0-1707759952257.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
volleydude
Regular Visitor

Hopped on a call with Microsoft this morning.  Solution was to republish the app.  I'm guessing that some change was made to Service on Feb 9th / 10th as there is a a new option for setting up subscriptions now in both the App and the Workspace.  Before republishing the App this only showed for Workspace Subscriptions

Thanks @GilbertQ for ruling out the easy stuff.

volleydude_0-1707759952257.png

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @volleydude 

From your screen shot, it appears that the report is not in a power BI premium workspace. If you can just double check that the report and the app are in a premium workspace.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ  Yes, workspace is definately premium capacity (see below).  It is affecting more than one workspace in our tenant and if I try a new subscription to another report in another workspace I get the same behaviour.

FYI Excel files attach just fine

volleydude_0-1707690444995.png

Hi @volleydude 

Could you check the Admin settings in the portal to see if someone maybe has stopped the sending out of PDF files?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

If this is the setting you are asking for, it is enabled for the entire organization.  

What is odd, is it works for the same reports within the workspace just fine.  It just sending the reports from apps that is the issue.  I want folks to use the App, not the workspace.

volleydude_0-1707703955338.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors