Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sasdfasdfsad
Helper II
Helper II

Prompt for parameter value when report is opened?

Is there anyway to make PowerBI prompt for a parameter value at "runtime" similar to how SSRS has parameters you populate before a report runs?

What I want to do is let a user enter an account ID.

Then it will use that as a parameter and query folding against a view that spits out data about a specific account.

I can do cross report drill throughs by having a user right click on an account ID in a grid and drill through, BUT.... is there a way to get PBI to prompt for the account ID when the page first loads?

If a user goes directly to the Account ID Details report it loads ALL the account IDs in the view.

We want to have the user just specify a single one at load.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are describing the functionality of a Power BI Template. (.pbit)

Is there anyway to have the user enter a text value and then have the report load data?

Basically I don't want a report to load all data in a data grid until AFTER the user has made their selection.

Like how SSRS works?

Untitled.png

yes, that's what PBITs are - empty shells. No data until the user made their choices.

Is there any demo video or instructions on parameterized report?

Thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors