Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

garylock
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Bug - List of Values Appearing Away From Slicer

Is anyone else running into this slicer bug? The list of values is appearing in different areas of the screen instead of directly below the slicer.

This is the standard slicer and it works fine in Desktop. 

Another user was able to reproduce this issue; we are both using Google Chrome.

garylock_0-1630532104609.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
martyngordon
Frequent Visitor

How do we raise this as an issue with Microsoft?

This is a global bug and has been since last week. The workaround is to adjust the zoom on your browser to 90% and it works as expected - but try and tell 300 users this.

Somethine seems to have changed in Service and it needs rectifying.

I created a very basic report attached to a live SSAS model, the report just included one slicer. The slicer performed as expected in Desktop but had major alignment issues in Service.

This should be very easy for Microsoft to test surely?

View solution in original post

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @garylock  @martyngordon 

This known issue has been fixed by end-of-day 09/19/2021. Everything should already be normal. Please check.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @garylock  @martyngordon 

This known issue has been fixed by end-of-day 09/19/2021. Everything should already be normal. Please check.

Best Regards,

Yes, everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

martyngordon
Frequent Visitor

How do we raise this as an issue with Microsoft?

This is a global bug and has been since last week. The workaround is to adjust the zoom on your browser to 90% and it works as expected - but try and tell 300 users this.

Somethine seems to have changed in Service and it needs rectifying.

I created a very basic report attached to a live SSAS model, the report just included one slicer. The slicer performed as expected in Desktop but had major alignment issues in Service.

This should be very easy for Microsoft to test surely?

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @garylock 

Do you still have this problem?

If yes, Can you share your pbix file(Delete sensitive information and unnecessary visuals)? We will test for you.

Also maybe it's a problem with the desktop version and browser version. So can you share these details?

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Hi Janey,

Thank you for your response. I am still experiencing this issue, sporadically. It is happening in multiple reports and the reports depend on different Power BI datasets.

Maybe the source of the issue is my desktop application? I am using version: 2.96.1061.0 64-bit (August 2021)

Regarding the browser, I am using the latest version of Chrome.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the reports and related (shared) datasets with you as they are both confidential.

Regards,

Gary

Hi, @garylock 

Can you show what it looks like in the desktop?

It always looks correct in the desktop.

However, the issue was happening a lot yesterday in the Power BI Service. I tried using Chrome and Edge and both had issues. One thing I noticed is that it only happens when my browser is displayed on an external monitor. If I drag it down to the laptop screen, everything behaves normally.

Hi, @garylock 

Yes, as @martyngordon mentioned, Slicer and filter dropdown position changes on Chrome and Edge version 93. 

Since most people's browser versions are automatically updated, leading to such a mismatch. It is indeed a recent issue, and engineers are working on the fix, ETA will be updated once available. 

Another workaround is to use a different zoom setting that is anything else than 100%. If you use something different than 100% it works fine. 

Update:

This has become a known issue, and Power BI attach great importance and update on Power BI Support Page.

Here are a workaround and expected fix time:

vjaneygmsft_0-1631873398328.png

Please be patient and if there are any updates, I will post them here.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@garylock I am unable to reproduce. Tried with a standard drop down slicer with single select turned on.

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors