Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Acrf

Showing a dashboard from the Power Bi web-app workspace in Microsoft Teams

Hi, hope I am posting this in the correct place. 

My company is using Microsoft team and just started using Power Bi. I noticed you can add Power Bi reports to Teams, however, it only gives you the option to show the reports (Dashboard usage, Report Usage & the 'report's).

In the Power Bi Web-app, I have several dashboards created to show different slices of data, using the same report presentation. Is it possible to get these in Teams so that my company can be pushed the relevant information, without having to apply filters/slices on the report?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @Acrf,

In the Power Bi Web-app, I have several dashboards created to show different slices of data, using the same report presentation. Is it possible to get these in Teams so that my company can be pushed the relevant information, without having to apply filters/slices on the report?

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to get the reports from Power BI in Microsoft Teams. 

You could have a look at this video as a reference.

If you need additional help please describe your scenario in details.

Reference:How should I collaborate and share in Power BI?

What’s new in Office 365 Usage Reporting – Ignite Edition

Hope it can help you!Smiley Tongue

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Cherry

Thank you for your response. 

The video shows exactly what I am doing right now, and I am able to see Power Bi 'Reports' in teams. However, I would like to see my created 'dashboards' of that report in 'Teams'

The 'dashboards' were created in the Power Bi web-app, to do this I do the following steps.

• Within the Workspace, I have a 'Dataset' and a 'Report'
  • When in the report, I can change the data to show whatever I want, then I'm able to pin this to a dashboard using the pin icon in the top right of the graph/table. (this gives me an option to add to an existing dashboard, or create a new dashboard).
  • To the left of the Power Bi web app window, I can then select the Dashboard
  • These Dashboards are what I would like to show in Teams. 

Following the video, I get to a point at 42 seconds, where the available reports are displayed to pin, however, this doesn't show the dashboards within the reports. 

We currently use reports to have a graph/table/bar charts/etc, with slicers to select specific data that might be relevant individual or sub-group of people working on one project/group of data. Therefore, using the project level data, we can modify the slicers to display data unique to the audience. Being able to then save this to a dashboard means we have quick links to different graphs for these different audience groups. These groups also use MS teams to communicate, therefore useful to have their individual data in the same areas they regularly work in. 

Thanks 

Hi @Acrf,

By my test, it seems that there is no option for us to add the dashboards only the reports in the workspace.

You could post your idea in Power BI idea Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

In addition, if you want to share your dashborad to your teams, you also could share your dashboard in Power BI Service.

When you click Share, enter the full email addresses for individuals, distribution groups, or security groups. You can't share with dynamic distribution lists.

Reference: Share a dashboard

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi - yes this is an issue for me too.........anyone found a workaround yet?

I want to run my daily meeting all through MS Teams - the daily meeting needs to be a slick, simple and easy to run as possible. I do not want the host to have to click from Teams to PBI or flick through different tabs within PBI - hence using Teams as the canvas and a dashboard to scroll through metrics.

We wanted to have one tab for metrics which is essentially a PBI Dashboard created from snippets of PBI Reports  I am finding it hard to believe that this is not possible.....?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors