Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JiriRak
Frequent Visitor

Sharing a Workspace, PBI report or App with external users

Previously, i.e. January/February 2023, the external users when logged into their PBI account through app.powerbi.com saw a tab "from external organisations" next to "Recent", "Favorites" and "My Apps".

Now this is not the case.

I have got 3 external users who are registered as "guest" users in my tenant. They have PBI Pro licences.

How can I make the Direct Access work? What is the secret setting somewhere in the MS universe that allows for it?

They can see the report when I share the link, but I would like them to be able to use the workspaces and apps I created. There are several report within each workspace, so it's more practical then have links.

Thank you.

Jiri

P.S. I assigned them as Members to each of the workspaces for example. The other attempt was to give the direct access each report. But with no success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JiriRak
Frequent Visitor

After going on on through the documentation online, I discovered this:

JiriRak_0-1696075750549.png

When providing the external users this link, they could get to the shared workspaces, apps etc.

Hours of my life I will never get back!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JiriRak
Frequent Visitor

After going on on through the documentation online, I discovered this:

JiriRak_0-1696075750549.png

When providing the external users this link, they could get to the shared workspaces, apps etc.

Hours of my life I will never get back!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors