Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LisaRoby
Frequent Visitor

Service Error

Information is needed in order to combine data;Information about a data source is required.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: Table Name

Refreshes in the desktop, but not in the service, the table is a merged one, from the same azure cloud, all privacy is the same on all of my PBI service.

I have searched for a fix to this error and cannot get any of them to work.  I am at a loss here. Are there any other solutions? TIA Lisa

8 REPLIES 8
LisaRoby
Frequent Visitor

Yes it is fixed, however, I did so many things to it I am unsure as to what exactly fixed it. Thanks again for all your help.

LisaRoby
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft thank you for your repy, however, as I stated above I have tried all of that. I found several different things to try including the information in the two links provided. I would not have posted if either of them had worked. I have several merged queries within in my PBI dashboards and this is the onloy one to give me trouble. Thank you for your time Lisa

Also, I should mention that I am not the only one who uses this particular query, but I am the only one having issues with it.

Hi @LisaRoby ,

For the issue, I cannot reproduce it here. We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

vpollymsft_0-1666141631525.gif

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I finally got it fixed, thank you

Hi @LisaRoby ,

I am glad  to hear such news. Could you please share your ways and mark you answer as a solution to close the case.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LisaRoby ,

It appears that the error is because you have got two different data sources with two different Privacy Settings.

What I would suggest doing is in your Power BI Desktop file go into the Options and set the Privacy to None or Ignore. This is desgined by default, so if there is a privacy mismatch for the data to not be loaded.

And you need do some operations on the Service.

Reset the permsions on the power bi cloud (service) side by clicking edit credentials and setting the privacy settings and entering the password (see screen shot below).  

vpollymsft_0-1666057659108.png

I have also found some similar posts, please refer to.

Solved: Information is needed in order to combine data - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Information is needed in order to combine data Tab... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards

LisaRoby
Frequent Visitor

I forgot to add, I do not use a personal gateway.  See screen shot below.

LisaRoby_0-1666017889248.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors