Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bobrienTES

Sending an automated daily email with a Filterable PBI Dashboard

Hi,

I am creating a PowerBi dashboard that will show daily metrics on website hits/time spent on a page etc.

I am pulling in the data each night and will link the PBI dashboard to a data warehouse. Once created the dashboard will refresh each night/morning.

The ideal next step is to send an automated daily email to a pre-determined list of contacts. 

Contacts should be able to open the dashboard each morning with stats refreshed from the previous day. 

Is it possible to set up a daily email that includes the updated dashboard which can be filtered by the user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @bobrienTES ,

yes, you can subscribe yourself and others to a report.

Like this you will get automatically an email per day with the link to the report. Check the following articles:

Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Subscribe yourself to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @bobrienTES ,

yes, you can subscribe yourself and others to a report.

Like this you will get automatically an email per day with the link to the report. Check the following articles:

Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Subscribe yourself to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hey, Is it possible to send a filtered dashboard?

For example: I have a dashboard with indicators from several departments (the same indicators). But I'd like to send to email with the filtered department. When I subscribed, I received the whole dashboard and not filtered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors