Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JosueMolina
Helper I
Helper I

Semantic Model: Direct Lake Refreshes failing with OneLake Shortcuts

As an example, we have Lakehouse A and Lakehouse B.

We have a Calendar Delta Table in Lakehouse A and a OneLake shortcut of this same table over to Lakehouse B. When we create a Semantic Model on Lakehouse B using the Calendar shortcut, we experience some issues when refreshing the Semantic Model. 
Direct Lake refresh fails with the following message: 

An error has occurred while checking the latest version of the direct lake table <tableName>, error Azure.RequestFailedException: User is not authorized to perform current operation for workspace '<workspaceId>' and artifact '<artifactId>' Status: 403 (Forbidden) ErrorCode: Forbidden Content: {"error":{"code":"Forbidden","message":"User is not authorized to perform current operation for workspace '<workspaceId>' and artifact '<artifactId>'"}} Headers: Access-Control-Allow-Headers: REDACTED Access-Control-Allow-Methods: REDACTED Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * Access-Control-Expose-Headers: REDACTED Transfer-Encoding: chunked x-ms-error-code: Forbidden Strict-Transport-Security: REDACTED X-Content-Type-Options: REDACTED x-ms-root-activity-id: REDACTED Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:21:52 GMT Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0 Content-Type: application/json at Azure.Storage.Files.DataLake.FileSystemRestClient.<ListPathsAsync>d__21.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Azure.Storage.Files.DataLake.DataLakeFileSystemClient.<GetPathsInternal>d__64.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Azure.Storage.Files.DataLake.Models.GetPathsAsyncCollection.<GetNextPageAsync>d__6.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at Azure.Storage.StorageCollectionEnumerator`1.StorageAsyncPageable.<GetAsyncEnumerator>d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.ManualResetValueTaskSourceCore`1.GetResult(Int16 token) at Microsoft.ASWL.Service.Engine.SeethruAutoSync.DirectLakeTable.<FetchTableVersionAsync>d__30.MoveNext() in /_/ASWL.Service/Engine/SeethruAutoSync/DirectLakeTable.cs:line 107 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.ASWL.Service.Engine.SeethruAutoSync.DirectLakeTable.<FetchTableVersionAsync>d__30.MoveNext() in /_/ASWL.Service/Engine/SeethruAutoSync/DirectLakeTable.cs:line 107.

A manual refresh works, but will sometimes fail was well, with a similar error, mentioning Unauthorized access to the 

6 REPLIES 6
MKassem
Frequent Visitor

@JosueMolina  Have you found a solution for this issue? we are facing the exact bug

Not yet. I have submitted a Ticket through Support. 

Thanks alot @JosueMolina. I would be very grateful if you posted the resolution here once you have it 🙂 

Hey @MKassem , 

I just got an update on the ticket. It seems this has been identified as a bug in the back-end and they are working on deploying a fix. I was not given an ETA for the fix yet.

Much appreciated @JosueMolinan!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @JosueMolina 

It seems like a bug to me I would log a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors