Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mike_lombardi

Security questions for connecting from Power BI Service to Redshift

I have already verified that I can connect to a Redshift Cluster via Power BI Service. However this check was carried out on a Public Cluster. If I want to productionise this connection, it will be using Redshift Cluster on a private VPC. I have a method of doing this but need to answer the following questions

1. Does the Power BI Service Native Redshift connector use JDBC ? Is this JDBC over the internet?

2. Where are the redshift credentials stored in AZURE? How is encryption of this handled?

3. Is it recommended to use certificates for security. Is there functionality for this?

4. Is it possible to whitelist the security groups on the AWSon a Public VPC to ONLY allow access to Power BI services?

I know that there are many large financial companies using Power BI so would hope security and encryption is very tight. However technical documentation on all this (especially for Redshift) is hard to find.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors