Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

IS11
Frequent Visitor

Schedule refresh on a merged dataset

Hi,

1. There are three excel files and 1 SQL Server database in the dataset.
  2. In real time scenario, I will be receiving two excel files over in email. I will have to separate out two sheets from one excel workbook and use the other excel report as is.
  3. I don't have a Sharepoint site I can use to upload these excels so currently using One Drive.  

I am able to configure the agteway on SQL Server database but can't figure out an option to set up refreshes on the Excel reports that will be on One drive. How do I achieve that?

2 REPLIES 2
pmreis
Super User
Super User

Hi @IS11 

Are you using OneDrive for business? You can configure the scheduled refreshes from the Gateway from there. You can find a nice tutorial here.

Also, If you need to control parts of the model refreshing at different times, I would suggest to configure Dataflows by each part of the data (ex: 1 dataflow with 2 Excel Tables, 1 dataflow with 1 Excel Table, 1 dataflow with SQL Server), and then Get data from the dataflows for the model.

This way you can configure different triggers to refresh each of the dataflows. For instance with PowerAutomate, you can trigger the refresh of a Dataflow or dataset when an Excel File or Sharepoint File is modified, or added to a folder.

Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution so that other users can find it!

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @IS11 

If I understand you correct, there is no way to setup dedicated schedules for different data sources in the same dataset - you can only refresh it altogether

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors