Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SioShoo
Frequent Visitor

Save button greyed out cant save credentials?!

Hi everyone, so I have had no troubble adding credentials to my excel online sharepoint data sources. except one.

From the liniage view etc, it says its fine but from the gateway its telling me "credentials missing", so i go to settings from the "manage gateways" and try to add the credentials  needed, that worked for alllllll other files of the same format and origins. but the save will not highlight on one particular data spreadsheet.

SioShoo_1-1662597626045.png

I cant click save and only get the "cancel or discard changes" options if i click the x, and no option to "save changes" or anthing, all the other data sets work fine and are "online"

SioShoo_2-1662597715272.png

All seem ok here too! along with all saying "connected" in liniage. even for the set that apparently has "credentials missing" in the manage gateways. 

Is this a bug? How can i fix this without having to remove and re add and re authenticate the many many files i have 😞 

SioShoo_4-1662597909546.png

also no error messages when refreshing the data manually

How can i resolve this? is it even an issue? or something i can just ignore as an annoying glitch but dosent effect the report?  

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SioShoo ,

In my test ,it could work.

vluwangmsft_0-1662708730051.png

You could try to republish the report ,and recreate the gateway .

Remember to update your gateway to the lastest version.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Lucien

HiLucian, 

Would yours work differently being a C path rather than a web file? x it seems to be working fine even with it saying "cerdentials missing" on the gateway settings screen. I did try to republish but the same thing >< 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors