Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

NikNithiy
Helper I
Helper I

Restrict the access at report level

Hi Team,

I have three users(A,B,C) who have the member access to the workspace(XYZ). This workspace as three report(1,2,3). Now i want to make some user get only viewer access to a particular report.

For EX user A who has member access to WS(XYZ) but he should not edit any thing in report 1(he should only be viewer for report 1) but for report 2 & 3 he should have member access. Is that possible?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
NikNithiy
Helper I
Helper I

@Brunner_BI  Thanks for sharing this but these answer are something i know already.

i put this in another way( a idea pop up just now) it it possible of giving a user viewer role to workspace and then the same user to member role for a particular report???

with viewer, one can already see all reports in the workspace - also - there is no member role on a report-level.

Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

As soon as somebody is a Member of a workspace, they have full access to everything, whatever you do. Maybe you can play around with sensitivity labels but you need to kick them out of the workspace to define the access on a report-level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors