Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

New_Folder
Helper I
Helper I

Report with multiple views

Is it possible to have a single report with multiple views? It could be by filter or by page.

I have a team of 50+ members. I want to provide a repor to each member but they can only see their portfolio.

Currently, I am setting a filter for Member 1, saving it and providing the link. I would duplicate that report for Member 2 with updated filter and share the link. Imagine doing this to 50+.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@New_Folder Hi this is not the right way to share the reports with the end user. You need to use RLS instead.

Here is the sample sales data where I have created the RLS on each salesperson. Meaning that it will only show the sales data related to that particular salesperson. 

URL to the PBIX -  create RLS.pbix

You can create roles in power bi desktop from the modeling tab.

AbbasG_1-1665726070178.png

Note: Once you publish the report in the Power bi service, you need to add the emails of the end users in the security tab. As below. (Go to report settings ==> security)

AbbasG_0-1665725770454.png

I hope this helps. Good luck 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@New_Folder Hi this is not the right way to share the reports with the end user. You need to use RLS instead.

Here is the sample sales data where I have created the RLS on each salesperson. Meaning that it will only show the sales data related to that particular salesperson. 

URL to the PBIX -  create RLS.pbix

You can create roles in power bi desktop from the modeling tab.

AbbasG_1-1665726070178.png

Note: Once you publish the report in the Power bi service, you need to add the emails of the end users in the security tab. As below. (Go to report settings ==> security)

AbbasG_0-1665725770454.png

I hope this helps. Good luck 🙂

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @New_Folder 

You can use Row Level Security RLS.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors