Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh is marked as completed and runs for 0 seconds, but data is never refreshed

Hi! I have setup a Dataset using the Desktop Power BI, with the import option, and Azure SQL Database as a datasource. I published the report to Power BI service and I have setup the credentials for the data source. 

However, the refresh functionality is not working. When I press "Refresh Now" button, it finishes immediately with status "Completed", but the data is not refreshed. The automatic refresh is scheduled every 30 minutes. It also runs for 0 seconds and all of the automatic refreshes are marked as "Completed". It has been over a week now and the data doesn't change. Of course, the data in the database has changed since then.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have some wrong expectations?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Have you copied data into Power BI, or are you using direct query mode?  If the latter, then you don't need refresh.  Is it the tiles in a dashboard that are the issue, or is it also the data in the underlying reports?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors