Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

purple_banana
Frequent Visitor

Refresh fails - Unexpected error (file 'xmcolumn.cpp', function 'XMColumnSegment::GetLightEnumerator

I have a dataset that refreshes three times per day in Service (PPU), It has been running succssfully for 18months+ and there have been no changes made in the last few weeks.

Over the last few days, some refreshes failed with the following error:

An unexpected error occurred (file 'xmcolumn.cpp', line 4724, function 'XMColumnSegment::GetLightEnumerator'). An unexpected error occurred (file 'xmcolumn.cpp', line 4724, function 'XMColumnSegment::GetLightEnumerator'). The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

However today it is failing every time.

I have refreshed the dataset in Desktop (with a shorter date range), and it refreshes successfully. Any clues where to look for the issue or how to resolve?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
OguzMavice
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @purple_banana , Could you whether desktop and service data source privacy level is same or not? Info is under the data source settings ( under the transform data section). 

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @purple_banana ,

Here's a similar problem that this user solved by removing a custom column containing a lot of calculations column  and measure, which you can check out:

Solved: Re: Power BI Service not refreshing data - Unexpec... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Is your Power BI Desktop the latest version, if not, upgrade to the latest version in the link below:

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

This is the related document, you can view this content:

KB2993483 - FIX: SSAS processing fails when you perform a Process Full operation on many partitions ...

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Liu, but that is a different error message, and my problem effects Service, not Desktop, and there have not been any changes (i.e. new columns/measures) since this issue began occuring inconcistently.

I have exactly the same problem

Some days refresh online is ko with this error message.

Some days refresh inline is ok

No problem with the desktop but I don t what happen with the online refresh.

I never got any problem during refresh for the last 18months. But 2 weeks I have this trouble.

An idea?

Regards

Pierre

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors