Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dwleid
Employee
Employee

Refresh failing on dataset containing 2 Azure SQL databases

I recently added a second Azure SQL database to an existing dataset which is hooked up to another Azure SQL database, but now my refresh keeps failing. Before adding the 2nd database my reports had been refreshing without issue for the last 6 months.

The refresh history shows a failure message of "There is no available gateway" for the failure reason, but under the gateway connection menu there is a message stating "You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect."

The only difference between the two databases is that I'm accessing the first one through "OAuth2" authenication and the second one through "Basic" authentication. There didn't seem to be any issues when I was working with the data on Power BI desktop, but now it doesn't want to refresh. Has anyone run into this problem before? I'm not sure where to go because of the conflicting messages.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What if you make the change from OAuth2 to use the basic authentication?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors