Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh DataFlow using incremental refresh For current Date

Hi ALL,

I have a question Regarding  incremental refresh Dataflow For the current Date 

I have tried to set up incremental refresh Dataflow for Refresh rows from the past which is 1  when I refresh the First Time it is completed but it Refreshes Past 1 to XYZ Year. I want to set up Dataflow Refresh for the Current date, not for the past.

Can we Set Up an incremental refresh For the Current Date and Refresh on the Same Date? 

Suggest ME,

@amitchandak@tamerj1 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

According to the design of Incremental refresh, it will refresh the specific data from the specified one to current date.  Configuring incremental refresh for dataflows

During the first time refresh, Power BI will perform a full refresh and it will refresh and store all the rows specified to be stored. After that, Power BI will do incremental refresh per the incremental refresh policy. For more details about incremental refresh, you may refer to these two official documents: Using incremental refresh with dataflows - Power Query | Microsoft Docs and Incremental refresh for datasets and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

According to the design of Incremental refresh, it will refresh the specific data from the specified one to current date.  Configuring incremental refresh for dataflows

During the first time refresh, Power BI will perform a full refresh and it will refresh and store all the rows specified to be stored. After that, Power BI will do incremental refresh per the incremental refresh policy. For more details about incremental refresh, you may refer to these two official documents: Using incremental refresh with dataflows - Power Query | Microsoft Docs and Incremental refresh for datasets and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors