Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sc314
Regular Visitor

Recipient belonging to multiple audiences in Power BI App

For Power BI App with multiple audiences using distribution lists for audiences, it appears that if a recipient belong to more than 1 audience group, not all reports will display. 

For example, report1 and report 2 has been granted access to John who's part of the distribution list A. Report 3 has been granted access to John who's part of the distribution list B.  However, John can only see report1 and report2.  

Is this a flaw in mulitple audience setup for Power BI App?  Please let me know if there's a workaround for this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sc314
Regular Visitor

It is working now after removing and re-adding the distribution list as that person was added after the report has been published.  So my other question is, if there are more recipients added the list, do I have keep track and remove/add the distribution list every time? Hmm.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sc314 

There should be no need to re-add the Distribution list.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

sc314
Regular Visitor

It is working now after removing and re-adding the distribution list as that person was added after the report has been published.  So my other question is, if there are more recipients added the list, do I have keep track and remove/add the distribution list every time? Hmm.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sc314 

As far as I am aware, John should be able to see reports one, 2 and 3 if you can confirm that John is actually part of the distribution list for B.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors