Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

Real time data using Gateway + ODBC + Firebird Database

Hello all my dear friends here,

I´m currenly having an issue that In one specific report I need to have real data.

I'm currently using Gateway + ODBC + Firebird Database (https://firebirdsql.org/ - Open source database).

How can I make this work? I´ve used for year those technologies to do refresh in specific times, however, I will need real data in this specific report.

Best Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @brunozanoelo 

Unfortunately, not all data sources support real time.

You can reference this to see if it is supported: Power BI data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

What I would suggest doing is to find a way to push the data from your Firebird database to the power of BI service streaming API.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

@GilbertQ  Thank you. I´ve build an service to update the dataset 5 - 5 minutes and worked perfectly. Best Regards,

Hi Bruno

I´m having problems to connect to an external Firebird database. Can you please share the solution you used to build this 5 minutes update service?

Kind regards

Cleber

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @brunozanoelo 

Unfortunately, not all data sources support real time.

You can reference this to see if it is supported: Power BI data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

What I would suggest doing is to find a way to push the data from your Firebird database to the power of BI service streaming API.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors