Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Elo4
Frequent Visitor

RLS only for users

Hi all,

I have a report for a brand-partner about their customers and what products and other brands they buy.

This report should be standardize for different brand partners, without let them see toher brands.

My problem is: when I´m using RLS on brand level (Brand tabel with brand name), this is also filtering my visuals and I can´t see anymore what other brands and products they bought.

I tried to create a user table and related it only to the brand table, but it is also filtering all the data.

I want to avoid to create one report for each brand-partner.

Is there any solutions to this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Elo4
Frequent Visitor

I filtered the brand table with the brand name and I filtered the article hierarchie with the second category level.

So for example Brand A is a beauty brand then I have the problem that many visuals that are showing what buyers from brand A bought in other categories (sport for example) will not be showed because of the RLS. The problem also occures even if the RLS is only on brand level (so without the article hierarchie filter).

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

That should not be an issue with RLS.

Can you share some screen shots with the setup from desktop pbix file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors