Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sleopol
Frequent Visitor

Question about filters in PowerBI Service (Issue faced by one of our users)

Good afternoon,

I wanted to reach out and ask everyone here if they've had any personal experience, or have had any of the users of their reports in the service run into a similar issue as what I describe below.

One of our report users has been having issues with the filter by list custom visual that I've added to a report that is published and refreshing each morning. They will add a list of items to the list filter and will leave the page, closing out of the browser to come back the next day. This is due to them needing to track these items the next day and sometimes throughout the week. However, the user is running into an issue where when they come back to the report the next day their filter will either not be saved, or will be saved, but the filter stops working outright and does not filter to the selected list of items anymore. I've already checked and the persistent filters option is not checked meaning that this user should be able to save filters as they come back to the report. The attached is an example of the issue they're running into. The filter will either not save or stop working, and the only way for them to filter the report again is to press the reset filters to default option at which point the filters seem to work again. I cannot replicate this issue on my end, but I wanted to see if anyone else here has had this issue, in particular with the filter by list custom visual by Devscope?

sleopol_1-1711659034197.png

Best Regards,

Stephen 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hansontm
Regular Visitor

Based on the reviews link , it seems like others are having this issue too. It might be a bug with the visual. There's a details + support seciton on that page where you might have better luck posting this issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hansontm
Regular Visitor

Based on the reviews link , it seems like others are having this issue too. It might be a bug with the visual. There's a details + support seciton on that page where you might have better luck posting this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors