Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

damiano
Frequent Visitor

Q&A is not working in Power BI Service

Hi experts,

I think there is a problem related to "synonymous" inside Power BI Desktop, literally 1 month ago it was working perfectly with a Pro License, but now, in all my customers, I have the issue.

It seems the "synonymous" stay inside Power BI Desktop only without uploading to the service. 

Please let me know if this is a BUG or I'm doing something wrong.

Best Regards

Power BI DesktopPower BI DesktopPower BI ServicePower BI Service

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @damiano 

You can try to update your Power BI Desktop to the lasted version and republish the report to Power BI Service. I've done test with the lasted version(March 2021) and 'synonymous' works well.

If it doesn't work, you can ask help by creating a support ticket in Power BI support.

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @damiano 

Is your problem solved?

Caiyun Zheng

Best Regards

Hi

I tried now also with a new file created from empty but the result is the same

The new file is created with 1 table only directly inside Power BI 

Desktop.pngServizio.pngSinonimi.png

Sinonimi2.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @damiano 

Synonyms will be saved in the model and it will be saved in the dataset after uploading the report to Power BI Service. And there are some considerations you need concern in this part Add synonyms to tables and columns.

In addition, can you tell me the version of your Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Caiyun Zheng,

Attached the version of Power BI Desktop.

I can add an info: it seems that the buttons of pre-created questions in Desktop are different than the service, also if they are hided in Desktop.

Maybe I think this post can be correlated to this: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/November-update-destroyed-Q-amp-A-feature/m-p/847293#M80904

Regards

Power BI Desktop versionPower BI Desktop version

Hi @damiano 

You can try to update your Power BI Desktop to the lasted version and republish the report to Power BI Service. I've done test with the lasted version(March 2021) and 'synonymous' works well.

If it doesn't work, you can ask help by creating a support ticket in Power BI support.

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors