Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markphillips87
Frequent Visitor

Pro Trial extension issue

Good afternoon,

I work for a large PLC and I'm having some difficulties with a single user having the pro licence extension applied to their O365 account. The user has been using the service prior to the 01 May this year, meaning they meet the criteria for eligbility.

-Edit

We've checked the notification area and their isnt a prompt upon login.

Many thanks in advance,
Mark.

17 REPLIES 17
mksanthk

Hello,

One of our PowerBI account has not recieved the trial period extension notification. The PUID of the account is "10033FFFA78BF8FD".

Help us on extending the trial period for this account or send a notification to do the same.

Regards,

Santhosh

dhsalda
Regular Visitor

I´m having the same issues. several users who did use power BI before the mentioned date, received the notification and either ignored ot or dismissed it and now can´t see the invitation to try for a year. According to the official post, people would be capable of accessing the year trial anytime between june 1 2017 and may 31 2018

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi ALL,

The PUID need to be provided. Please sign in your O365 account and get PUID, which the user can be found(highlighted in black line) using that link (so each user need to use that link):

https://portal.office.com/account/#subscriptions 

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

I've PM'd you the details as requested, please let me know if you need anything futher.

Kind regards,

Mark.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @markphillips87,

Actually, I am still confusing your issue. The free 12-month extended Power BI Pro trial offer (the “Offer”) is available to existing qualified users of the free Power BI service. If a user already has the Pro license, she/he shouldn't receive this notification. Could you please share more details for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

They dont have the pro version currently, the license we have for O365 doesnt provide this so they were enrolled into a trial pro account. This ended and now theyre not able to extend the trial for the year as the rest of he team have.

Hi @markphillips87,

You means the use didn't receive the notification or he/she can not activate the Trial? The account is sighed up on or before May 2, 2017? Please check the notification center, he/she will see a notification regarding the Extended Pro Trial if the user is eligible. The notification will be available until the user dismisses it. More details, please review this arctile.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for your help, we've already checked the 2 prerequisites in the aricle below. They never got the option in notification centre, could this please be reissued?

• Power BI Free users active between May 3, 2016 and May 2, 2017 are eligible for an Extended Pro Trial.
  • Users that have previously used or are currently on the 60-day in-product Pro trial are still eligible for the Extended Pro Trial.

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi @markphillips87

The use never received the notification before? If it is, could you please share your the account, I let the corresponding people check if there is an issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

image.png

Hi Angelia,

Did you manage to speak with anyone about this, the user is still restricted from PowerBI Pro.

Kind regards,

Mark.

Hi @markphillips87,

I really understand you, and I saw your detailed account. I consult with others about your issue again, I will post the update as soon as possible if there is any response.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi all,
   I'm also facing the same issue as @markphillips87, i'm a powerbi free user since december 2016, actauly free users from may 2016 to may 2017 are eligible for 1year free trail extension..But i didn't receive any mail or notification regarding extension of free trial. How can i resolve this issue?? 

Not only this,i'm unable to create new appspace also ,when i try to create i recieved warning to Upgrade the trail version..

I am facing the same issue in my company. 3 users that already used Power BI didn't receive the extended trial. As I am the Office 365 Admin, they said that they didn't see that pop-up or that they just clicked on "Not now". The fact is that all other users are having the extension period of trial but they don´t.

I already tried the Office 365 Support twice (one during that time and other now), but nobody could help me yet.

Hi All,

When you send me the PUID, I can check if your account is qualified for pro trail. Even you're qualified, someone still don't receive the notifications.There are the following issues, the team is working on fixing them.

• The extended pro trial prompt that shows in-product is not working right now. So even eligible users are not able to view the notifications when they login.
  • The pro trial activation link also got broken incidentally.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

As an Admin is there a way that we can batch "reset", so that, my current users get the notification?  I have about 12 users who did not receive any notifications (still haven't) and are still waiting.  Not the best user experience when you are trying to sell a platform.

Thanks,

Doug

Me too.

I am Office 365 account Admin and I have tried some different ways to fix this issue: 3 users of my company say that or they didn't see that message or just clicked "Not now". The fact is that they didn't receive the extended period of trial, although they were users before May of 2017. 

Is it any possibility that a person from Power BI team could call me so I could explain better and check if there is a way out of this situation?

Many thanks Angelia,

I've PM you the account details. Please let me know if you have anything further you require.

Kind regards,

Mark.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors