Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Powerbi_User77
Frequent Visitor

Power BI images from Sharepoint

Hi Power BI Experts,

I have a requirement in Power BI where I need to show large images in my dashboard. I am using 'simple image' custom visual for this. All the images are stored in Sharepoint as there are a huge number of images and have high resolution. When viewing the dashboard a user should login to Sharepoint in order to view the images properly (Limitations). The users do not want to open sharepoint, everytime they have to view the dashboard and it is hard to explain them that for viewing the dashboard images, they need to sign in to Sharepoint first. Please provide an alternate solution to view the Sharepoint images in the dashboard without signing in to Sharepoint separately. Also note the data is confidential hence we cannot make the images available on a public platform.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Downsample your images (remember your Power BI canvas has a limited resolution anyway) and then embed the images in the semantic model.

View solution in original post

v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Powerbi_User77 

You can refer to @lbendlin reply. IF it does not work, you can  translate the images to base64, then pull that into your dataset, Power BI can display the image from the base64 code instead of pulling from the URL. The issue is that the base64 code often exceeds the maximum character limit for fields... if your images are smaller, it can work though.

There's a few videos out there on this on YouTube, here is a link:
https://youtu.be/dPR46gEADBU?si=phIBCY6cLal-lMZB

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Powerbi_User77 

You can refer to @lbendlin reply. IF it does not work, you can  translate the images to base64, then pull that into your dataset, Power BI can display the image from the base64 code instead of pulling from the URL. The issue is that the base64 code often exceeds the maximum character limit for fields... if your images are smaller, it can work though.

There's a few videos out there on this on YouTube, here is a link:
https://youtu.be/dPR46gEADBU?si=phIBCY6cLal-lMZB

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Downsample your images (remember your Power BI canvas has a limited resolution anyway) and then embed the images in the semantic model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors