Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

asharrichardson

Power BI Service Report in Preimum Workspace - Data not showing after a table change and refresh.

We modified our ETL to change the way the table is getting data as we were missing data.  After doing the following, we're not able to see data in  one of our dashboard reports (for the table that was modified).  All other data is showing correctly.  
Here are the steps we took:

-Modified ETL thru Dev Ops change control (dev, test, and prod SQL database change verified).

-Changed ownership of the report and model to myself

-Updatd datasource connections

-Refreshed the Power BI semantic model to reflect the change.  

-Refreshed the report

I wondered if there was a way to view the data in the semantic model so I coudl make sure the model has data.  I saw this article, but when I go to workspace settings; there is no advanced option to turn on the preview feature.  Is there another way to be able to see that the data exists in the semantic model for this table that changed?

See below screen shots for Workspace settings and the dashboard showing missing data.

Premium Workspace settings.pngPower BI missing data 1.png
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/service-edit-data-models#enable-the-previ...

All data is showing except for the table that was modfied in the change.  What are the next steps that need to happen to get the data to display in the report in the workspace.  This was all working before the change.

Is there log files or a better way to troublbeshoot this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the issue was with the data in the data source.  It's not a Power bi dashboard problem.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
asharrichardson

We setup Fabric Capacity License and VNet gateway so that we can save money on scheduled refreshes.  The vendor that set that up is no longer with us, and we're not sure we're doing scheduled refreshes correct.  Could this be the issue.  I manuallly refreshed the data by clicking the refresh button on the semantic model in the workspace.

I found the issue was with the data in the data source.  It's not a Power bi dashboard problem.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors