Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MadhuKumar
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI - Sensitivity Labeling and File Encryption Issues

Hi All,

We are creating PBI reports by using local excel files and some of the excel files downloaded from Microstrategy combine.
When we manually refresh the tables which are imported from local excel file are refreshed properly, however when we try to refresh Microstrategy excel files we are unable to refresh it and showing attached error message.

So Is there any workaround or fixed plan with Power BI to allow encrypted files to be used?

Thanks

Madhu

Refresh error-1.pngRefresh error-2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MadhuKumar ,

It seems that Power Bi desktop doesn't support to fetch data from password protected Excel file. Here is an idea you could click to vote it up.

As a workaround, you could remove passsword and instead, move the files to a secure folder that limited people have access to.
Reference: power query accessing password protected workbook

Solved: Using an Excel Workbook protected by Information R... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Power BI Issue Fix: Import from Excel Workbook Contents; Password Protection Failure - RADACAD

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MadhuKumar
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Liu Yang,

Thanks for the solution that you have provided. It was helpful to me.

Madhu

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MadhuKumar ,

It seems that Power Bi desktop doesn't support to fetch data from password protected Excel file. Here is an idea you could click to vote it up.

As a workaround, you could remove passsword and instead, move the files to a secure folder that limited people have access to.
Reference: power query accessing password protected workbook

Solved: Using an Excel Workbook protected by Information R... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Power BI Issue Fix: Import from Excel Workbook Contents; Password Protection Failure - RADACAD

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors