Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

KAATA
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Pro - storage limits on shared capacities

Hi all,
I am reading about the storage limits for Pro workspaces (Shared capacitites) on Power BI Service.
This links says that for workspaces in shared capacity, there's a per-workspace storage limit of 10 GB: Manage data storage in your workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

However, the last row of the comparison table in this link says that there is a 10GB limit per user: Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

My question is: Is the 10 GB limit per workspace, per user, or per both?
E.g. if a single users creates 3 workspaces, each containing up to 10 GB, is this supported? Or the sum of the GB in the 3 workspaces must be below 10 GB?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Best regards,
KAATA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KAATA ,

Following your example, the sum of the three workspaces created by the user must be less than 10GB. For workspaces with shared capacity, the limit for the sum of all workspace capacities is 10GB.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KAATA ,

Following your example, the sum of the three workspaces created by the user must be less than 10GB. For workspaces with shared capacity, the limit for the sum of all workspace capacities is 10GB.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors