Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elarson

Power BI Online with Excel on OneDrive for Business Unable to Perform OneDrive Refresh

This has been working for months perfectly.  I had to change my password for work and fear this caused it.  I did also delete the file from the OneDrive for Business but I replaced it with an earlier copy that was working the day prior.  Need help urgently!  I have tried a scheduled update just as a test but that fails with a reason that a column does not exist in a table in the rowset.  However, i have updated those in the file so that it does exist and yet still get the same error.  Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks!!!

"We are unable to locate the file on OneDrive for Business. Please check that the file exists in this location"

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elarson,

According to your description, you previously connected to OneDrive for Business Excel file in Power BI Service. But you deleted the file from the OneDrive, and replaced with another Excel file. When refreshed, the error threw out, right?

From the error message, it seems that the link between Power BI service and OneDrive for Business file is broken, so the Power BI Service can't find the corresponding file stored in OneDrive. In your scenario, please re-import the Excel to Power BI Service, then please click the Refresh Now to check if the connection is fine. Then enable the OneDrive Refresh to see if the issue persists.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi,

i have had the same issue and the error message. when i connect again the dataset, it creates a second dataset. so the existing reports cannot be linked to the updated data set. can you help in this matter else the only choice appears to recreate the reports which is a huge huge task.... thanks

I have not deleted the old file, but just appended the data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors