Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GhislainComeau
Regular Visitor

Power BI Git stuck in Sync mode

Hi all, 
Yesterday we connected one of our Testing Workspace to our Azure DevOps Repo but it has not completed syncing. A couple of the reports had beta visuals where the file name was too long.
I was hoping it would timeout by now and let me start over with the cleaned up reports. Would there be a work around? Maybe a way to connect to the repot directly and kill the process?Screenshot 2024-04-30 085518.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GhislainComeau
Regular Visitor

After a week of being stuck in sync and a Microsoft Service Ticket later, the issue resolved it self and i was able to disconnect the Workspace from the Repo. I reconnected it in a new folder in our repo without any sync issues.

Great unsolved mysteries of the cloud i guess.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GhislainComeau
Regular Visitor

After a week of being stuck in sync and a Microsoft Service Ticket later, the issue resolved it self and i was able to disconnect the Workspace from the Repo. I reconnected it in a new folder in our repo without any sync issues.

Great unsolved mysteries of the cloud i guess.

GhislainComeau
Regular Visitor

Hi Yongkang Hua
Thanks for the response but i fear my issue is a little more complicated. i am unable to disconnect the workspace from the Git Repo. i am also not skilled enough in Git to stop what ever is happening in the background. i fixed the file name lengh issue in the service but i suspect that the sync is still trying to apply the old version before the new one. not sure how to get to the Git Terminal in ADO to give it the command.

Cluster URI https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
Activity ID 5a49ea43-32db-48a0-ba90-a6db1e88f11f
Request ID ba256719-ac8f-3b42-d287-dc8dc521196a
Time Wed May 01 2024 11:20:59 GMT-0300 (Atlantic Daylight Time)

Git Issue.jpg 

v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GhislainComeau 

Check the file name length and number of characters to ensure that the reported file name does not exceed the maximum length of 250 characters and does not contain any restricted characters. If so, consider renaming these files to comply with these restrictions. You can check the following document:

Git integration process - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

If synchronization issues are caused by conflicts, you may need to resolve them manually. You can select Update All to see a list of all conflicting items, and then select the version you want to keep for each item. Detailed steps for conflict resolution can be found in the conflict resolution documentation:

Resolve conflicts with Git integration - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

You can also consider disconnecting your workspace and then reconnecting your workspace to Azure DevOps Repo. This action can sometimes resolve the synchronization issue by restarting the synchronization process. However, note that this action will overwrite all projects in the workspace or branch, not just conflicting projects. Before proceeding, it is crucial to make sure that you have a backup or are willing to accept this result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors