Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

xiuqinglim20

Power BI Different Refresh Timings

Hi, I have a Power BI Report with the following data (with scheduled refresh frequency of every 4 hours):

• 3 Tables from SQL
  • 1 Merged Table from above 3 Tables
  • 1 Table from Sharepoint

I have a Power Apps embedded into the report where the user can input comments to be reflected in the report visuals. The Power Apps will update the Sharepoint Table (Point number 3 above) and I have a Power Automate that will trigger the refresh of the Power BI dataset. 

However, I do not want to refresh the entire dataset unnecessarily as the SQL tables & the merged table are large and would take a lot of time. I just want to refresh the Sharepoint table to reflect the comments input by user instead of waiting for the comments to be reflected at the next 4 hour mark. How can I do this?

I tried experimenting with dataflows but as I publish the Report to Service, it creates its own dataset automatically and refreshing the dataflow does not refresh this newly created dataset

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @xiuqinglim20 ,

It is recommended that you publish the report to the service, and then use the Power Apps visual as a tile pin to the dashboard, and then use PowerAutomate to achieve a higher frequency scheduled refresh of the report to achieve a similar effect.

Refer to:

Schedule Refresh Power BI dataset with Power Automate! | by Nimai Ahluwalia | All About Power BI | M...

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @xiuqinglim20 ,

It is recommended that you publish the report to the service, and then use the Power Apps visual as a tile pin to the dashboard, and then use PowerAutomate to achieve a higher frequency scheduled refresh of the report to achieve a similar effect.

Refer to:

Schedule Refresh Power BI dataset with Power Automate! | by Nimai Ahluwalia | All About Power BI | M...

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors