Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Power BI Admin Portal.

I have responsibility for the control and growth of Power BI within my organisation. I'd like to see the and manage the Power BI Admin Portal, but currently that means me being in the O365 Global Admin group which I think is overkill for what I need.

In fact, I am totally against getting that much Administration responsibility just so that I can see which reports and dashboards are being used and by whom.

I know that there are several different threads in the Power BI ideas forums regarding the Admin portal but not many seem to be gaining any traction.

Does anyone else have this concern?

Does anyone know what the roadmap is for the Power BI Admin Portal with regards to security and functionality that would force the use of a GA account to access it?

3 REPLIES 3
Walks06
Frequent Visitor

Hi Power BI Gurus,

I too, like the previous comments, would like to manage the Admin portal so I can track Usage metrics and Audit logs.

I don't fully understand how I can set up my account as Global Admin as i'm pretty sure that the Operations team aren't going to allow me to have administration rights.

anithat
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Sandy , Could you please get someone from your team answer the above question regarding Power BI Admin portal access.

Thank you

...Guess @Sandy couldn't answer the question, but I too have the same issue. . . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors