Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

VSY_90

Power BI APP Multiple Audience

Hi All,

I have four Azure AD created and has assigned at Workspace level. For the one of report i have defined Dynamic RLS, and one of Viewer AD as assigned to report as part of RLS. 

Now when i try to use audience option in APP and made a report(Ex:- Rpt1) visible for some user by adding new audience, and then for super user i made visible of mutiple reports(Ex:- Rpt1 & Rpt2). After updating the app. once end user logs in he is able to see the Navigation pane to navigate between Audience and as well the other option and able to see other reports through the navigation inspite of he should not see the navigation on top of the report expect the Rpt1 on the App Screen.

Pls help the info what i am missing to work Audience Option work as expected.

Thanks in Advance   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @VSY_90 

According to your description, you're having trouble using Audience. People who share see content they shouldn't.

We can see that there is a "worksapce user" on the right side of the Audience creation and it seems can not be deleted.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1681712953546.png

In other words, if there is a role in this workspace, then he can see all the audiences in the app.

If you want to display different tabs for different users based on this audience, you need to remove the permissions of the workspace and add them back to the corresponding audience permissions.

For more information, you can refer to :
Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @VSY_90 

According to your description, you're having trouble using Audience. People who share see content they shouldn't.

We can see that there is a "worksapce user" on the right side of the Audience creation and it seems can not be deleted.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1681712953546.png

In other words, if there is a role in this workspace, then he can see all the audiences in the app.

If you want to display different tabs for different users based on this audience, you need to remove the permissions of the workspace and add them back to the corresponding audience permissions.

For more information, you can refer to :
Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi, I know this is an old post but this is the only post I have come across describing this problem.

The problem is, as far as I understand, users of an app need to have access to the workspace in order for RLS permissions to work, in turn granting them access to all audiences in the app - is this correct?

Is there no way of removing the 'workspace users' from specific audiences in the app? 

As a result can RLS and Audiences work in conjunction in an app?

Hi Matthew, Did you ever figure this out? I am in the same boat. I need users to be added to workspace as Viewer so RLS gets enforced. But now they can see other audiences' contents.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors