Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Automate app - write back in Power Bi - can all users see and use this?

Hello  -  We have a Premium Power Bi SKU at our company.   But we do not have Power Automate except for maybe whatever is a free version of it.   I can use it myself, but if my "flow" requires the interaction of any other user, then it seems we get into the need for a paid version of Power Automate.  

Power Automate allows for the ability to "write back" data, such as comments, to a Power Bi report.   There are several tutorials such as this one:  Writeback Comments: How To Implement Them in Power BI & Power Apps (zebrabi.com)

My question is, would everyone in our company that has access to the Premium workspaces be able to actually use this feature?  Or would it be like a custom paid visual, where you have to sign up  X number of users before everyone can actually use it.  

Does anyone know?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

Each user needs a license. The write back happens under the user account that does the writing back, not the power bi service or report author.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  @edhans   that is what I figured.  Cheers!

edhans
Super User
Super User

Each user needs a license. The write back happens under the user account that does the writing back, not the power bi service or report author.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors