Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ROG
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

PBI embedded with PowerPoint but as snapshot

Hello guys!

I have a power point presentation with some live visuals inserted from PBI.

My question is, I would like to keep a snapshot of the live report, and only refresh it if it needed. Is there a way to insert the live visual, but "break" the live link when I don't want to update the numbers?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ROG

You can take advantage of the Show as Saved Image feature in the Power BI Add-in.

This feature allows you to convert live visual objects into static, non-interactive images.

In your PowerPoint presentation, navigate to the slide containing the Power BI visual you want to convert.

Select the visual to bring up the Power BI add-in controls.

Look for the Show as Saved Image option in the add-in side pane. Selecting this will convert the current live view into a static image.

If you need to refresh the visual to its live state in the future, simply select Show as Saved Image again. The visual will reload with the latest data from Power BI.

You can view the link below for more details:

Interactive data storytelling with Power BI in PowerPoint (microsoft365.com)

View and present live Power BI data in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards, 

Nono Chen 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ROG

You can take advantage of the Show as Saved Image feature in the Power BI Add-in.

This feature allows you to convert live visual objects into static, non-interactive images.

In your PowerPoint presentation, navigate to the slide containing the Power BI visual you want to convert.

Select the visual to bring up the Power BI add-in controls.

Look for the Show as Saved Image option in the add-in side pane. Selecting this will convert the current live view into a static image.

If you need to refresh the visual to its live state in the future, simply select Show as Saved Image again. The visual will reload with the latest data from Power BI.

You can view the link below for more details:

Interactive data storytelling with Power BI in PowerPoint (microsoft365.com)

View and present live Power BI data in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards, 

Nono Chen 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors