Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

willmasse
Frequent Visitor

P-SKU Ending - F SKU for EDU

We currently have a P1 sku at education pricing since we are a K-12 School Department. Knowing all P skus are going away, do F skus have the same EDU pricing options?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @willmasse ,

I recommend reaching out to your Microsoft sales representative. Next to the announcement by Kim Manis: Important update coming to Power BI Premium licensing | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

There is the official pricing page: Microsoft Fabric - Pricing | Microsoft Azure

I'm not aware of any other information, but this expected b/c I'm not a Microsoft employee.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

hackcrr
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, @willmasse 

since the P SKUs (Premium SKUs) are being phased out and replaced with new offerings, it's important to check the latest pricing and licensing details for the F SKUs (Gen2 Premium SKUs) specifically for education customers.
Microsoft typically maintains EDU pricing for many of its products, but the specific details and availability can vary over time. To determine if the F SKUs have the same EDU pricing options as the previous P SKUs, you should:
1.Contact Microsoft: Reach out to your Microsoft representative or the Microsoft sales team that handles your account. They can provide you with the most up-to-date pricing and licensing information for education customers.
2.Check the Microsoft Pricing Page: Visit the Microsoft website and navigate to the Power BI pricing page. There, you may find details on EDU pricing for the F SKUs, or you may find a link or contact information to get more information.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-ca/pricing/

hackcrr_1-1715415160810.png

Review Your Existing Contract: If you have an existing contract with Microsoft for Power BI, review the terms and conditions to see if there are any specific provisions related to pricing changes or education discounts.
3.Participate in Education Programs: Microsoft often has programs and initiatives for education customers that provide discounts and other benefits. Make sure your organization is enrolled in any relevant programs to ensure you're getting the best pricing available.
Remember that pricing and licensing details can change over time, so it's always best to check with Microsoft directly for the most accurate information.

Best Regards,

hackcrr

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hackcrr
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, @willmasse 

since the P SKUs (Premium SKUs) are being phased out and replaced with new offerings, it's important to check the latest pricing and licensing details for the F SKUs (Gen2 Premium SKUs) specifically for education customers.
Microsoft typically maintains EDU pricing for many of its products, but the specific details and availability can vary over time. To determine if the F SKUs have the same EDU pricing options as the previous P SKUs, you should:
1.Contact Microsoft: Reach out to your Microsoft representative or the Microsoft sales team that handles your account. They can provide you with the most up-to-date pricing and licensing information for education customers.
2.Check the Microsoft Pricing Page: Visit the Microsoft website and navigate to the Power BI pricing page. There, you may find details on EDU pricing for the F SKUs, or you may find a link or contact information to get more information.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-ca/pricing/

hackcrr_1-1715415160810.png

Review Your Existing Contract: If you have an existing contract with Microsoft for Power BI, review the terms and conditions to see if there are any specific provisions related to pricing changes or education discounts.
3.Participate in Education Programs: Microsoft often has programs and initiatives for education customers that provide discounts and other benefits. Make sure your organization is enrolled in any relevant programs to ensure you're getting the best pricing available.
Remember that pricing and licensing details can change over time, so it's always best to check with Microsoft directly for the most accurate information.

Best Regards,

hackcrr

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @willmasse ,

I recommend reaching out to your Microsoft sales representative. Next to the announcement by Kim Manis: Important update coming to Power BI Premium licensing | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

There is the official pricing page: Microsoft Fabric - Pricing | Microsoft Azure

I'm not aware of any other information, but this expected b/c I'm not a Microsoft employee.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors