Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to connect to JIRA using the App in Power BI

image.png

Hi All,

I tried to connect to JIRA using all the authentication types available but wasnt able to. If you see the screenshot here it just keeps loading for hours with no error/success message.

I was able to connect to the same JIRA instance in my Power BI desktop when I used the Power BI desktop content pack for JIRA.

There I am having another issue where partial data is loaded and I have posted another question for that.

-Mani A

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I can connect to JIRA content pack based on Basic authentication on service sucessfully. The input URL is like: https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net

Can you log on JIRA site successfully with the same credential? Please directly copy the site URL from address box and paste it into power BI service for a test.

If issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ for further analysis.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-yulgu-msft,

I believe the problem is that mine is an on-premised JIRA instance so it is not accesible from outside my company's vpn.

Can that be the reason ?

Also I tried using the content pack in my Power BI desktop but that too returned only 3.5k out of the 0.4 million records.

I am now trying to directly access the database but not sure if that is a viable solution considering the size of my database.

-Mani A

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors