Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SHooper
Regular Visitor

Multiple On-Premise Data Gateways

I am looking for some assistance..

We have an On-Premise Data Gateway Cluster which we use or all our Power Platforms connectivty and works well.  We are working with a third party organisation that will be hosting a SQL database for us and we would like to install an On-Premise Data Gateway in their tenant and connect via this.

Has anyone got an advice on this? Do I presume we will need to have physical access to their Server in order to logon as the relevant users configure it against our Tenant?  Or are there other things to consider?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@SHooper 

Setting up an On-Premises Data Gateway in a third-party organization's environment requires coordination and collaboration between your organization and the third party. Here are some steps and considerations to help you navigate this process:

1. Communication: Begin by communicating with the third-party organization to discuss your requirements for installing the On-Premises Data Gateway. Ensure that they understand the purpose and scope of the installation and obtain their consent and cooperation.

2. Access and Permissions: Determine the access and permissions required to install and configure the On-Premises Data Gateway in the third-party organization's environment. You may need to coordinate with their IT team or administrators to gain access to the server where the gateway will be installed.

3. Network Configuration: Work with the third-party organization to configure network settings and firewall rules to allow communication between the On-Premises Data Gateway and your Power Platform tenant. Ensure that the necessary ports are open and that there are no network restrictions that could prevent connectivity.

4. Gateway Installation: Install the On-Premises Data Gateway on a server within the third-party organization's environment. Follow the installation instructions provided by Microsoft and ensure that the gateway is configured correctly.

5. Configuration and Registration: Once the gateway is installed, configure it to connect to your Power Platform tenant. This typically involves registering the gateway with your Power Platform environment and associating it with the appropriate data sources and users.

6. Security Considerations: Ensure that proper security measures are in place to protect the On-Premises Data Gateway and the data being accessed. Implement encryption, access controls, and other security best practices to safeguard sensitive information.

7. Testing and Validation: Test the connectivity between the On-Premises Data Gateway and your Power Platform tenant to verify that data can be accessed and transmitted successfully. Conduct thorough testing to identify and address any issues or performance concerns.

8. Documentation and Support: Document the installation and configuration process for future reference and provide support documentation to the third-party organization's IT team. Ensure that they are aware of how to troubleshoot and maintain the gateway if needed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

SHooper
Regular Visitor

Many thanks for the speedy response.

You have confirmed my thoughts and I am going onto a call in an hour to attempt the configuration which will prove this theory...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SHooper
Regular Visitor

Many thanks for the speedy response.

You have confirmed my thoughts and I am going onto a call in an hour to attempt the configuration which will prove this theory...

johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@SHooper 

Setting up an On-Premises Data Gateway in a third-party organization's environment requires coordination and collaboration between your organization and the third party. Here are some steps and considerations to help you navigate this process:

1. Communication: Begin by communicating with the third-party organization to discuss your requirements for installing the On-Premises Data Gateway. Ensure that they understand the purpose and scope of the installation and obtain their consent and cooperation.

2. Access and Permissions: Determine the access and permissions required to install and configure the On-Premises Data Gateway in the third-party organization's environment. You may need to coordinate with their IT team or administrators to gain access to the server where the gateway will be installed.

3. Network Configuration: Work with the third-party organization to configure network settings and firewall rules to allow communication between the On-Premises Data Gateway and your Power Platform tenant. Ensure that the necessary ports are open and that there are no network restrictions that could prevent connectivity.

4. Gateway Installation: Install the On-Premises Data Gateway on a server within the third-party organization's environment. Follow the installation instructions provided by Microsoft and ensure that the gateway is configured correctly.

5. Configuration and Registration: Once the gateway is installed, configure it to connect to your Power Platform tenant. This typically involves registering the gateway with your Power Platform environment and associating it with the appropriate data sources and users.

6. Security Considerations: Ensure that proper security measures are in place to protect the On-Premises Data Gateway and the data being accessed. Implement encryption, access controls, and other security best practices to safeguard sensitive information.

7. Testing and Validation: Test the connectivity between the On-Premises Data Gateway and your Power Platform tenant to verify that data can be accessed and transmitted successfully. Conduct thorough testing to identify and address any issues or performance concerns.

8. Documentation and Support: Document the installation and configuration process for future reference and provide support documentation to the third-party organization's IT team. Ensure that they are aware of how to troubleshoot and maintain the gateway if needed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors