Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

icassiem
Helper V
Helper V

Modern Scorecard Ideas / Share / examples

Hi,

I need to build a modern scorecard for the enterprise business, was wondering if anyone has nice modern design ideas//links/templates/best practice fonts, designs etc to share?

I built 1 KPI but it looks ugly as it's tiny and grey, not sure what to do

each kpi is treated individually and i have a date slicer on each kpi, really not nice but how else for a modern date picker popup which is minimal

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @icassiem ,

For your needs, I think you can consider a Balanced Scorecard approach, which helps align business goals from different perspectives (financial, customer, internal processes, learning and growth) and provides a holistic view. You can read this document for the further study: https://www.excitant.co.uk/modern-balanced-scorecard-zone/ 

I think you can do some changes on your KPI Visualization.

vyilongmsft_0-1708997748128.png

If you want to adjust the KPI view, you can read this official document: Key Performance Indicator (KPI) visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

While individual date slicers for each KPI can clutter the dashboard, consider a global date slicer that affects all KPIs simultaneously. Use a minimalistic design for the date picker popup. Consider a simple calendar icon or a dropdown menu.

For a modern and professional look, explore fonts like Montserrat, Raleway, or Poppins. These fonts are clean, versatile, and easy to read.

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @icassiem ,

For your needs, I think you can consider a Balanced Scorecard approach, which helps align business goals from different perspectives (financial, customer, internal processes, learning and growth) and provides a holistic view. You can read this document for the further study: https://www.excitant.co.uk/modern-balanced-scorecard-zone/ 

I think you can do some changes on your KPI Visualization.

vyilongmsft_0-1708997748128.png

If you want to adjust the KPI view, you can read this official document: Key Performance Indicator (KPI) visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

While individual date slicers for each KPI can clutter the dashboard, consider a global date slicer that affects all KPIs simultaneously. Use a minimalistic design for the date picker popup. Consider a simple calendar icon or a dropdown menu.

For a modern and professional look, explore fonts like Montserrat, Raleway, or Poppins. These fonts are clean, versatile, and easy to read.

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi,

these fonts are not available on powerbi desktop

Montserrat, Raleway, or Poppins

Can i import them?

Wow, Thank You so much! @v-yilong-msft 

1. i will explore the designs

2. i will try my luck with a global picker but my lead is a programmer and thinks functional - any ideas on how to place this globally date slicer - on top of page with slider or calendar icon popup?

3. i would love a simple date/calendar icon with bookmarks but it only avails the date slicer and not the date picker directly

- How could i with an icon open up a popup menu to select date slicer with slider, the issue with popup i have to close the popup with a button and need to this for all kpis?

Please help,

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors