Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dinoscool3
Helper I
Helper I

Measure that involve dates are not refreshing correctly in Power BI Web

I have a power bi desktop report that I have uploaded to the web version to allow my colleagues to consume the data. Unfortunetly, it seems whenever the data is automatically refreshed it zeros out any measure that involves a date. If I pull it up in desktop and refresh the numbers are still there, and I can reupload and it will show the numbers until the next web refresh.

There's no error, they are just zeros. I've tried publishing it as a different data set and changing the format of the dates, but it doesn't work. I'd like to avoid recreating the measures because there's a lot of them and no garuntee they will work.

Any ideas why my measures using dates would be showing as zero?

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @dinoscool3 

Based on my research and previous experience, your issue situation is that every time you refresh the data in the Power BI service after one data refresh, the DAX measures that related to the dynamic DAX expressions will become blank, one of the protential reason is that the timezone difference between the Power BI service and Power BI desktop, the timezone in the Power BI service is UTC0 and we don't have the option to change it, the timezone in the Power BI desktop is your local computer's system timezone set, so they are different and you need to first make sure your DAX logic can overcome these limitations.

You can also refer to this solved community case:

Solved: PBIX and Service Date Difference - Microsoft Fabric Community

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors