Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndreGiovannini
Frequent Visitor

Maintain a Main report as template to subreports

Hi,

What is the best way to maintain sub-reports with the same default model (tables, visualization) of a "mother" report?

I've a Dataset that serve as linage to six different reports.

Those reports have the same visualization, but they have different filters applied as they are set according to users (not all views are available, each report has a different 'all pages' filter...)

The only way I found to maintain all sub-reports with same standard visualization is making changes in a single desktop file, creating copyies and appling the filters to each of them. I need to do this and reaply filters everytime I make changes to standard template.

Is there a better way to maintain these?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

if each sub report have specific users and they only need to see that filtered data not been allowed to other filter data you could on the data model create roles and assign the filters to roles and them the roles to users. this way the same report will adjust to a specific limitation of the model data for each assigned user. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks Stefano.
Did some research and looks that this regards to RLS (Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn), isnt it?
I will follow at this line if you confirm that this a good path to move on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors