Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dskeane
Helper I
Helper I

MSFT 365 Usage Analytics

I am using the Microsoft 365 Usage Power BI Report and the data under the User Activity doesnt show any detail. 

Everytyhing else works except for User Activity, I can confirm that user activity inside of O365 Admin Center works just not showing in the Power BI Report. 

Tried so far....

• I have refreshed the data set
  • Waited 7 days to see if data would start flowing in
  • Confirmed that all nececary data is in Office 365 reports

Any other tips / tricks welcomed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Never mind my last response, as I checked again the data magicly showed up : )

So for others out there, add your tennant id and be patient, I think for me it was abour 7-10 days before data showed up in the User Activity. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dskeane 

As far as I am aware you need to download the audit logs in order to then create reports. What you see in the Office 365 Admin portal are those same logs.

Here are more details: Introducing the Power BI Activity Log | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Not sure I follow, Power BI provides a tempalte for Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics. All you need to do is add your Microsoft Tennant ID and data shows up. For me everything works and shows data except for the last section in that report which is user activity. 

Working

Executive Summary, Overview, Activation/Licensing, Product Usage

Not working

User Activty

So my question to anyone else out there is should this work out of the box or is there something needed to be changed to get data to show up in the user activity section?

Never mind my last response, as I checked again the data magicly showed up : )

So for others out there, add your tennant id and be patient, I think for me it was abour 7-10 days before data showed up in the User Activity. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors