Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jan_Hob
Helper I
Helper I

Load data from API into Datamart

Hi

I currently use dataflows to query an API and then use this information within various Power BI reports. For different time periods I am setting up multiple queries as some of them can take a while to run.

I think it would make sense to load this API data into a Datamart.

How would I get a dataflow to update the datamart without losing the older data in the datamart. ie could it be setup to refresh and add records that are new and over write records that are already there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Load the data into separate dataflows. Then only refresh the dataflows that need refreshing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jan_Hob ,
Thanks for @lbendlin  reply.
Here's what I've added
Power BI Data Marketplace supports an incremental refresh policy that allows you to refresh only the data that has changed or been added since the last refresh, rather than reloading the entire dataset. This method is effective for managing large datasets and ensuring that your data market is up to date without losing historical data. To set up an incremental refresh for Datamart, you need to configure it in the Datamart editor.
To automate the process of updating a data market, you can use the Scheduled Refresh feature. This allows you to specify how often the data market should check and merge new or changed data in the data stream. You can set this from the Datamart Settings page.
You can refer to this documentation for more information on setting up this feature
Get started with datamarts (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Load the data into separate dataflows. Then only refresh the dataflows that need refreshing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors