Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PeterParker
Helper I
Helper I

Load Phyton predictive model in Power BI Service

Hi all,

I have a power bi desktop file, here I have a phyton model for predictions. unfortunately I can't use this model in a power bi service. does anyone have an idea how to expose a predictive model for the Power bi service.

Rg Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

You will need Fabric capabilities.
Service does not have enough py-libraries out of the box.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PeterParker ,
According to your description, if you want to use python model in power bi service. First, you need to manipulate the data on the power bi desktop side. Then upload the data after the manipulation to the power bi service. to refresh the Python model in the Power BI service, you need to configure a scheduled refresh and make sure that the Power BI gateway is installed and configured on the computer where the Python environment and the .pbix file are located.
You can check out this document for more details on running python scripts on power bi destop
Run Python scripts in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-heq-msft ,

thanks for your replay.

if I use phyton scripts for graphics, this already works in the Power BI service. I have already had good experiences here. In my example with the Phyton Scikit Learn model, which I included as a step in Power Query. I get the following message when configuring the gateway (on-premises). The data source csv and model are in the same directory.

Gateway.png

Regards Peter

sergej_og
Super User
Super User

You will need Fabric capabilities.
Service does not have enough py-libraries out of the box.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors