Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

isam2003
Frequent Visitor

Issue with aligning years in chart

Hello:

I am trying to align two horizontal bar charts (data has different underlying basis) so as to make comparisons easier.  Somehow the years do not align as can be seen in the screen shot below. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

isam2003_0-1679346454911.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @isam2003 

You should then be able to sort it by the Years?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
isam2003
Frequent Visitor

My apologies if I was not clear earlier.  

@GilbertQ @edhans The two bars in each chart are for years 2022 and 2023.  However, the order of the years is not consistent.  In the left chart,  2022 is followed by 2023 and in the right chart, 2023 is followed by 2022.  The order of the years is what i am trying to align.  Thanks.

Hi @isam2003 

You should then be able to sort it by the Years?

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @isam2003 

What you can do for the X-Axis is to set the Minimum and Maximum values so that it will keep them consistent

GilbertQ_0-1679349194092.png

Power BI Blog

edhans
Super User
Super User

Not sure what you mean by "not align" unless they are off a pixel or two. If that is the case, select each visual, then in the Properties pane, general section, and manually make sure the Horizontal/Vertical coordinates are correct, and the height/width is the same. Even if the numbers are the same, adjust them all up/down 1 pixel. I've seen when you drag these around the number in the report might be 338, but in the JSON file for the report it can be 337.85 or something, which happens when dragging with the mouse on occasion.

edhans_0-1679349054752.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors