Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

usmanaziz
Regular Visitor

Individual Account Required Admin Rights

I have an individual account under the email address usman.aziz@centegytechnologies.com, but it says to get admin rights from Company's IT team. how is that possible i have created individual account it is not linked with any commpany

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @usmanaziz,

Obviously your account is managed by corresponding company tenant(centegytechnologies.com).
If they disable options that allow users to register subscriptions, it means you can't do this by this tenant account. (notice: power bi is one of office 365 subscriptions)

>>how is that possible i have created individual account it is not linked with any commpany

You can take a look at following document about signing up a trial tenant for power bi test:

Signing up for Power BI with a new Office 365 Trial 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I have taken a subject in my MBA that is Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing. So for that I had to create an acocunt for Power BI, for which i have used email address of my company where I work Full tIme. But using that email address doesnt mean I have created under my company IT team. I dont think my company has an account with Power BI. 

my Email address is usman.aziz@centegytechnologies.com.

I am getting below snapshot issue. my concern is when i have an individual account not an organization account then why i am not an admin.

bi.JPG

@usmanaziz When you signed up with your work email address, in the background that actually assigns you a Power BI (free) licence to your tenant (centegytechnologies.com) licening (same as Outlook/Excel/Yammer etc.). So even if your company is not using Power BI they still manage the admin rights for the Tenant, creating Public Web links to reports is one of the features that requires an admin to help (because it can be a security risk) so you will need to appraoch your IT dept to help (This video helps explain what they need to do) .
If you want to sign up for PowerBI where you are the admin you'll have to find another way... Adam over at Guy in Cube has a great video here on how to achieve this using free trials.

I have communicated to my IT team they say they dont have an account with Power BI so how are they going to access the admin portal, as per the video in the admin portal there are few settings to be done. but under my account only capacity settings are coming nothing else. please guide me how to separate my account from my company account. 

I think your IT team are misleading you because they will have access to the Power BI Admin centre through the Office 365 admin portal (where they manage just about everything else Microsoft) whether or not they have any paid licences/premium capacity. If you're not getting any further with your own IT then the only thing to do would be to follow @v-shex-msft 's advice or the Guy in a Cube videos and create your own tenant account. Once you've done that you'll be able to open Power BI desktop and sign in using your new credentials - Meaning when you publish your .pbix file it will be stored on your new tenant and you'll be able to go in to the service and get a link (you may have to go to the admin centre first to tweak the settings).

Microoft Admin can separate my account from my company can they change my account type?

AndyRath
Frequent Visitor

Hi @usmanaziz 

Please can you give a little more detail? When you say you have created an individual account do you mean you have created an individual account through Power BI Desktop? Do you have a Power BI Pro licence through an Office 365 subscription or other Microsoft licencing avenue etc. What are you trying to do when you get the admin rights required pop up?

I have taken a subject in my MBA that is Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing. So for that I had to create an acocunt for Power BI, for which i have used email address of my company where I work Full tIme. But using that email address doesnt mean I have created under my company IT team. I dont think my company has an account with Power BI. 

my Email address is usman.aziz@centegytechnologies.com.

I am getting below snapshot issue. my concern is when i have an individual account not an organization account then why i am not an admin.

bi.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors