Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Utilisateur_pb
Frequent Visitor

Icon map doesn't work

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the icon map for the first time, and it doesn't work for me, the values of latitude and longitude are considered as average, and it doesn't want to change, I tried the min and the max but it doesn't work, if you have any solution for this, please write me in the comments. 

Utilisateur_pb_0-1714489328728.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Utilisateur_pb 

Here are some of my suggestions for you to try:

First, ensure that the Latitude and Longitude fields are correctly categorized in Power BI Desktop.

In the Data view, select the Latitude or Longitude column and go to the Column Tools tab. Then set the Data Category to Latitude and Longitude respectively.

vnuocmsft_0-1714528783330.png

In the visual object, right-click the Latitude and Longitude fields in the Fields pane and change them to “Don't summarize”.

Ensure that the latitude and longitude fields in the data model are in decimal number format. Incorrect data types may cause unexpected behavior in the map visual object.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-nuoc-msft, thank you for your response, but it dosn't work when i put the field in the case of latitude or longitude, it consider them as average, and i selected the 'don't summarize' button. Any other suggestions please or an alternative for the icon map to show icons in points.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors