Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to change the title and favicon of a Published Report

The question is basically if it is possible to change the favicon and the title of a published report.

AlexDXC_0-1652878431412.png

As you can see the title and the favicon are the defaults.

9 REPLIES 9
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, you can change the name of the report in the Service.  I would caution that it might be better to change the name of the report in the desktop so that the Service report and the Desktop report have the same name and you don't have to remember that the same report has two different names.  That said, if you want to change it in the Service, select the elipses and the Settings option and then you can rename the report there.

collinq_0-1652879997536.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the name of the report, but not the title of the published report and there I can't change the favicon neither.

AlexDXC_0-1652882188332.png

As you can see I have another name of the report, but the web published report has the default name and favicon, is it posible to change?

Hey @Anonymous ,

You can rename that report (assuming you have permissions) when you hover over the elipses here:

collinq_0-1652883919975.png

But, that icon is a Microsoft universal one.  If you want to display your own icon you will need to make it an app and then you can assign any image you would like.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I think you are not understanding me, (sorry if my english is bad).
The current name of the report it's correct, but when I published it on the web (for everyone with Power BI PREMIUM) it shows "Microsoft Power BI" instead of "POWER BI Sync - PRE" as you can see on the photo.

HI @Anonymous ,

First, your English is fine and there is no need to be worried about it.

Second, I think we are getting closer to the resolution.  To clarify, you are stating that the report name is right in the workspace, but, not when you "publish to the web".  So, where exactly are you publishing to web?  As in, where exactly do the folks see the "power bi" like in your first screenshot - is that in SharePoint, in a web page or where?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all thank you for your time.
And yes I published the report to the web with the next option:

AlexDXC_1-1652886422256.png

It's the public option.
And then when I use the URL that this option gives the title of the page it's "Microsoft Power BI" instead of the name that the report has on the workspace.

Hey @Anonymous ,

Hmmmmm, ok, well, yes you can change the placeholder image. 

Quck warning - if you are publishing to the web, you are making the report available to anybody and everybody.

That said, after you select publish to the web and get the embed code, you will get the option to modify the image.

collinq_0-1652891568779.png

This link might be helpful with the instructions:

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Also, if you look at this example here, Power BI Embedded Example : :: Welcome To EPM Strategy :: you can see where we have an embedded report and it only says "Microsoft Power BI" in the bottom left corner.  

That makes me wonder if the website you are using for the embedded file is limiting the space available for the report and so it is only showing the "Microsoft Power BI" part?

Since you are publishing this to the web, send me the URL and I will see what I see as well and let you know if there is anything obvious to me from that location.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then it is imposible to change the title of the published report?

AlexDXC_1-1652944866512.png

Because on the worskpace has this name but when I use the URL generated then just appears "Microsoft Power BI"

AlexDXC_3-1652944921494.png

Hey @Anonymous ,

I think that the issue is that you are talking about the name of the TAB itself.  That is not necessarily determined by Power BI or the embedding itself.  On the website that you are embedding to, you need to change the name of the tab.  This is an example of our public example:

collinq_0-1653146879410.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors