Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

HarryT
Helper I
Helper I

How to monitor PBI Pro license usage?

Hey everyone,

We have Pro licenses and a Premium server.  Our issue is that we have 50 Pro licenses and have used 49. 

What i am asking is there any metrics on how people use the Pro licenses? I would like to see last time a report was published and how many.  Then I could email or take away the Pro license of those who have never used them.  Easier to show stats and ask instead of just emailing them.

I have access to Global Admin and know the people with more access too if necessary.  I am able to see who has them not how they are using it.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Use Power BI Audit logs (Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs), it conatains 90 days of data, then select user who have not performed any Power Pro activity (i.e. Publish Report, edit report, create/edit dataflow) in past 90 days and check if you can take back Power BI Pro from them.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Here is another blog post on how to store the audit log files in Azure Blob Storage

How you can store All your Power BI Audit Logs easily and indefinitely in Azure - Reporting/Analytic...

And as @arvindsingh802  said you can then search for users who have accessed reports, dashboards etc.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Use Power BI Audit logs (Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs), it conatains 90 days of data, then select user who have not performed any Power Pro activity (i.e. Publish Report, edit report, create/edit dataflow) in past 90 days and check if you can take back Power BI Pro from them.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors