Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

suusin
Regular Visitor

How to know IPs related to Powerbi online for Opening Firewall Port

Here is a listing of the fully qualified domain names used by the gateway.

Domain names

Outbound ports

Description

*.download.microsoft.com

HTTP used to download the installer.

*.powerbi.com

HTTPS

*.analysis.windows.net

HTTPS

*.login.windows.net

HTTPS

*.servicebus.windows.net

5671-5672

Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)

*.servicebus.windows.net

443, 9350-9354

Listeners on Service Bus Relay over TCP (requires 443 for Access Control token acquisition)

*.frontend.clouddatahub.net

HTTPS

*.core.windows.net

HTTPS

login.microsoftonline.com

HTTPS

*.msftncsi.com

Used to test internet connectivity if the gateway is unreachable by the Power BI service.

*.microsoftonline-p.com

Used for authentication depending on configuration.

Our company has strict policy for firewall management, we need to know IPs for these domain names in order to open related ports of firewall. i know Microsoft Azure Datacenter IP list.  but it is not used because our firewall team need to know the detailed information

for example, 123.123.123.1233   443 for opening

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me this thread solved the issue: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/API-requires-Power-Bi-Ip-address-range-to-Whitelist/td-p/25...

There is a link to the list of IP addresses used by Microsoft data center. You can also see in the authorization or refresh error in Power BI Service the IP address that is used by your data center so you can easily pick the full range from the list in the referenced thread.

Martin_Nbg_0-1606217490308.png

Jayesh_IFI

Hi @suusin ,

We are facing kinda same issue. Can you please help me with IP lists you might have got ?

It would be very helpful.

Thank You.

Having the same issue. We want to use FQDN on any other way wo allow power bi service to have a remote access to our MYSQL DB hosted in GODADDY.

We have try tu use this:

*.powerbi.com

We dont find any documentaion regarding this issue - we can know what will be the PBI Service ip address when it will access our MySql Database remotlly

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @suusin,

Based on my research, I didn't found this kind of information. Maybe you can create a support ticket to get support from Microsoft engineer. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors